Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Body Building and Banana Hangers

If I start with one Buster story, another must follow.

Buster has been deliberating participating in body building competitions, and on occasion attends them to learn more.

"So what's stopping you?" I asked the other day.
"Those things they wear," he said gesturing toward his lower half. This is a guy who won't even kiss on a first date. I can't even imagine him trying to strut his stuff in a banana hanger. I laughed about a Nutcracker ballet I attended some years ago. Seated in the first row, I had a full close-up of a male dancer in his white, somewhat transparent tights. Ummm, awkward.

Buster talked about the competitions and participants a little more before finally saying, "Hey, if I do one, I'll give your family tickets so you can go." Seriously, I would never be able to look him in the eye without laughing. There are just some things about a person you don't want to know.

"No thanks," I replied. "I'll just send you a good luck card."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind, be thoughtful. Words travel.

I approve comments and if I am busy, you might have to wait a day or two to see your ideas posted. So sorry for when that happens.